Wisdom Teeth Extractions – Springdale, AR
Safely Remove Your Unneeded Wisdom Teeth
Your mouth doesn’t need wisdom teeth to accomplish everyday tasks like biting and chewing. As such, if your wisdom teeth start to cause pain or other problems, we highly recommend scheduling an appointment with Dr. Bollin to see if they need to be removed in the near future. We’ll make sure that you’re well-informed about your oral health needs, and if an extraction is needed, we’ll take the necessary steps to keep you comfortable throughout the removal process.
Why Choose Sunset Avenue Dental for Wisdom Teeth Extractions?
- Same-Day Emergency Appointments
- Caring Dental Team That Explains Your Options
- Efficient Dentist That Doesn’t Waste Time
When is Wisdom Tooth Extraction Really Necessary?
Not everyone needs to have their wisdom teeth taken out. The procedure is only considered necessary in the following circumstances:
- The wisdom tooth completely fails to break through the gums.
- The wisdom tooth only partially breaks through the gums.
- The wisdom tooth grows in a way that damages the neighboring teeth.
- The wisdom tooth is hard to clean and consequently increases your risk for cavities and gum disease.
- The wisdom tooth is causing you recurring pain.
Wisdom Tooth Extraction Aftercare
It usually takes about three to four days for your mouth to feel comfortable again after wisdom tooth extraction, although your gums will likely need at least two weeks to fully heal. We’ll give you some aftercare instructions following your extraction, which will likely include:
- Resting as much as possible for the first few days.
- Using a cold compress to reduce swelling.
- Keeping the surgical sites clean.
- Avoiding actions that can dislodge a blood clot, such as swishing vigorously.
- Eating a diet of soft and liquid foods.
Unless your job involves heavy lifting or physical labor, you can typically expect to be able to go back to work or school about two to three days after wisdom teeth extraction.