Invisalign Teen – Springdale, AR
A Clearer Solution for Straightening Your Teenager’s Smile
For many teens, being able to show off a perfectly straight smile can benefit them greatly when it comes to socializing during their high school years. However, the majority of those in this age group are typically hesitant to undergo orthodontic treatment with traditional metal braces. The good news is that our team at Sunset Avenue Dental offers a more discreet orthodontic treatment with Invisalign Teen. By using custom-made plastic aligners , your high schooler will be able to make the most of a straighter and healthier smile in no time! Read on to learn more about Invisalign Teen or give us a call to schedule their initial consultation.
Why Choose Sunset Avenue Dental for Invisalign Teen?
- Digital Impression System for Accurate Results
- Personalized & Nearly Invisible Aligners
- Highly Experienced Invisalign Provider Since 2005
What Is Invisalign Teen?
Invisalign Teen shares many similarities with Invisalign for adults, as both systems utilize a series of personalized, clear trays that progressively and strategically move teeth into better alignment. The differences between these treatments include:
- Invisalign Teen Trays Come with a Small Blue Indicator Dot : This particular dot helps teens, parents, and the dentist keep track of how compliant a patient is with their orthodontic process. This is especially helpful for teenagers who are busy and have difficulty building the habit of always wearing their clear aligners.
- Complimentary Replacement Trays : We understand that mistakes can happen at any time. Even if your teen loses or damages one of their clear aligners, we can provide them with a replacement at no extra cost. Generally speaking, up to six replacement trays can be provided for each patient.
Benefits of Invisalign Teen
The most common advantages teens can enjoy from this orthodontic option include:
- Discreet Treatment Process : Your teen's clear aligners will be virtually invisible, meaning they won’t have to worry about hiding their smile while undergoing the process.
- Removable Aligners : Since the Invisalign trays are completely removable, your teenager will be able to enjoy their favorite foods without restrictions so long as they don’t wear their aligners while eating.
- Improved Oral Health : Improving their bite misalignment issues early can set your teen up for great oral health for the rest of their life, as straighter teeth have a significantly reduced chance of developing decay or cavities compared to crooked ones.
- Quicker Checkups : Follow-up appointments for Invisalign are much quicker compared to traditional braces, so your teenager won’t have to miss much of their time from school.
- No Interference with Physical Activities : Your teen won’t have to avoid non-contact sports like soccer or baseball while wearing Invisalign. If they participate in rougher games, like football, they can replace their aligners with custom mouthguards during practice and games.
Who Is Invisalign Teen Right For?
During their initial consultation, our team will evaluate your teenager's smile and determine if Invisalign is best for helping them. Some of the factors we’ll consider include:
- Severity of Your Teen’s Bite Misalignment : This treatment can typically address most mild to moderate cases of misalignment, such as an overbite, underbite, crossbite, and crowded teeth.
- Your Teenager’s Habits : Your teen will need to be committed to following their treatment plan, which will require them to wear their aligners for 20 to 22 hours a day.
- Your Teen’s Expectations & Goals : We’ll want to walk your teen through the pros and cons of the treatment process so that they can be certain Invisalign is a good orthodontic solution for them.